H&M. You probably know them as the German-born well-priced trendy clothing store that finally made its way to Canada but they now sell home goods that you can order online! (My credit card was excited by that news).
While I titled this post as “design finds” I’ll be focusing on something I’m currently in need of lately and this place has a lot of lovely ideas for it: STORAGE! Here are a few that caught my eye:
All photos courtesy of H&M
- This straw basket will corral your kids’ toys, books, whatever needs storing in a chic and natural-looking way. I think H&M actually shows it being used as a plant holder!
- I have a 3 year old so some cute items are bound to pop up. And this little bunny covered dish is no exception. I can see it being used to house my little ones’ hair accessories, jewelry, her rock collection…anything goes. Of course this works for adults too and I’m seriously considering it for my office supplies.
- Square baskets. This one comes in different colours and patterns and I believe the dimensions would allow them to fit into the IKEA Expedit/Kallax systems. This would help personalize those IKEA pieces (rather than having to use the IKEA standard-issue baskets).
- This large panda bin was too cute not to include. It would hold kiddie toys like no other and conceal them too as it has a drawstring top. Or it could be used as a large laundry tote which would also be adorable (and practical!).
- Farmhouse is a design genre all unto itself and VERY popular these days. This wooden box lends itself to that style perfectly. I can see it being used as an actual bread box, or a dry goods organizer that would sit on your counter-top or pantry.
- This magazine holder. It is so beautiful. It comes in various finishes but I love the shiny gold (and that’s not usually my jam). Can you not see it in an entryway wall, one assigned to each family member to hold mail, flyers, homework, etc? So crazy chic…
- Laundry. Isn’t that everyone’s favourite topic?! While this bag is dedicated to laundry, what I like about it is that it’s black, has a drawstring top and is easily transportable. I’d use one as a “dry clean only “bag that I’d tote to the cleaners.
- This is another all-purpose jute bin that I thought was interesting because of its cute stamped-on verbage (“Standard Issue”) and that it has a roll-down flap that you could customize with paint if you wanted to add more punch.
- My last pick is this copper-toned wire basket. I see it at the front door as holding the mail and flyers you intend on recycling, or holding stuffies for your little one (can you tell toy storage is on my brain?!).
So what did you think? I didn’t mention the price point on all these finds but they were all < $20. Not bad! (I think #3 was actually $6.99!) If you end up picking any of these up, let me know and let me know what you’re using it for!