Well the weather in Ottawa is pitiful. Rain and clouds have been plaguing us so I haven’t been able to show you my patio area which I’ve been dying to set up. But it allowed me to start up my plan of doing a monthly post devoted to passing along my design finds from a shop I’m currently crushing on. This month it’s Simons! (Note: I am NOT paid to endorse the store or any of its items, I just love shopping and they have some amazing things, some of which I couldn’t pass up!)
Simons (which has been around since 1840) is a one-stop clothing and home decor shop that hosts some pretty lovely (and practical!) home goods. Below are my top picks!
All photos courtesy of Simons.
- Sweater Knit Basket: Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good basket. And this is one of them. Baskets are amazing at storing a myriad of sins and creating the illusion of everything being neat and tidy (I’m guilty of jamming all sort of things into one basket and calling it organized). I may need to pick up a few…
- Zigzag Reversible Throw: I know it’s the summer but when the first hint of fall hits the air, you’ll be glad you picked up this throw. It’s a soft, reversible faux-shearling blanket that is not only cozy but stylish! (I adore the combination of black, gray, white and yellow).
- Towel Holder: This towel holder is a chic and practical alternative to drilling holes into your walls that conventional towel bars demand. We have several bathrooms that need updating so I’m bookmarking this item for future reference!
- Towels (Samantha Pynn for Simons): With such a good looking towel holder, you need good looking towels! Canadian designer Samantha Pynn created a home goods collection with Simons that is calm but inspiring like the towels pictured above. It’s hard to find well-priced good quality towels that are neutral yet have some punch to them. But these fit the bill!
- Fish Bath Mat: Ok how cute is this bath mat?! I bought two for my daughter’s bathroom (I position them so that it looks like they’re smooching) and they make me smile everytime I pass by them. Plus they’re good quality bath mats as well with extra cushioning and good water absorption. And did I mention how cute they are?!
- Shower Curtain: This shower curtain. It’s an adorable take on gradient colour by imitating a paint chip and if I had a spot to put it in, I would buy it in a heartbeat. At $14.99, maybe it can be made into a wall mural or some large art?
- Wooden Playhouse: Ok this is a bit pricier than some of the other things I’ve featured and DIY-ers out there are probably saying they could build one themselves but the idea is crazy adorable! They say it’s a playhouse but I would use it as a bed for our little one – the mattress is low to the ground and they have accessories!
- Cotton Knit Pouf: Now when I was preggo with my daughter, I had to order a cotton knit pouf, similar to the one at Simons, for my daughter’s nursery from the US because there were none to be found anywhere (!) and the price was a LOT higher than the $39.95 they’re charging now. I used it as a footstool at the time but now my daughter uses it as a little stool to read her books before bed. They’re soft, and so useful!
- Wool Sock Stripe Throw: I couldn’t resist this one and I picked it up. I love how it’s a take on old-school socks which reminds me of my dad so maybe that’s also why I have an affinity for it? It comes in two stripe colours (black and red) and it was just too fun to pass up. At $29.99, in the cart it went!
So that rounds out my top finds this month at Simons! What did you think?
Next month I will hit up a spot you wouldn’t think to look for home decor items. I’ll keep you in suspense until then 😉