I’m pooped. My body is yelling at me, the house is a mess but I’m so happy to have one more room in our house that’s done! This challenge also helped me prove to myself that I can paint, wallpaper, refinish floors, etc. although I don’t think DIY-ing on a timeline is my thing. At least not on a regular basis. Maybe come October I’ll be up for it again. It could be equated to being in labour – you forget the pain afterwards and enjoy the beautiful baby that came because of it! Good Lord I’m tired…
I promised a source list so here we go! Going into this challenge I knew that this powder room wasn’t going to be a huge overhaul since we weren’t switching out the vanity, toilet or flooring. Low-budget was what I was thinking. That being said I grabbed a few amazing deals which exceeded my expectations that I want to share with you!
- Wallpaper – Bouclair was my source for this wall paper and it was on mega clearance. I got it for…wait for it…$13.60 a roll. AND IT’S A DOUBLE ROLL! So for the two walls I did, I bought 4 rolls (which was overkill) but it only cost me $60. Crazy right?!
- Lighting – Our old lighting wasn’t going to cut it in the new space but the sconce I found (which can be mounted either vertically or horizontally like we did) was from Rona and it too was on sale for a whopping $40.
- Faucet – This faucet wasn’t crazy expensive and it wasn’t crazy cheap but I got it on sale at Lowes and while it resided in my basement for about a year, it installed easily and was just as lovely as I remembered it!
- Wire Basket – This little accessory was from Walmart – WALMART! At $15 I couldn’t pass it up and it had the right light and airy feel I needed. It’s being used as a cute catch-all for used towels.
Wondering about the other accessories?
- Soap, Hand Towels, Garden Stool, Candles – Homesense
- Mirror – Bouclair
- Artwork/Frames – Me!/Frames are from IKEA
- Paint – Behr (No-VOC line)
Next week I’ll be sharing the tools I used from HomeRight which were game changers for me and I’m going to show you an easy way to refinish marble floors without ripping them out!